Dynamic animal hospital located in Cave Creek looking for a kennel assistant to join our team. The position calls for a caring, compassionate individual that is able to provide a high level of customer service. Must be detail oriented and able to multi task. This is a part time to full time position, and although there is some flexibility in hours and days you must be available evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provides compassionate care to patients.
- Can conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner even when stressed and/or focused on individual tasks.
- Receives animals to be admitted, is responsible for their proper identification and for recording their respective locations.
- Releases animals to their owners as directed; ensures that every animal released is clean and properly groomed prior to their release.
- Has the ability to communicate with owners and make them feel comfortable with leaving their pet(s) in our care.
- Can follow a regular schedule for cleaning and sanitizing all cages, runs, wards and related areas; changes litter boxes and food/water bowls.
- Can feed each animal as prescribed by the attending doctor or as the owner has requested and records appetites.
- Understands the importance of prioritizing tasks and keeps oneself busy and productive during work shifts.
- Can maintain laundry for the kennel, grooming and hospital.
- Maintains the grounds of the property including waste disposal, light maintenance of landscape upkeep and general building maintenance.
- Can give baths and brush out patients.
- Can give hospital and kennel tours while highlighting features that differentiate us from other kennels and hospitals in our area.
- Can recognize and report any unusual condition or abnormal behavior.
- Can assist doctors and technicians with the administration of medications or with patient restraint.
- Cleans equipment and facilities using chemicals and supplies; understands the importance of safety of use of chemicals in our facility.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the hospital each day.
- Understands and carries out the weekly and monthly chore list to maintain the hospital cleanliness, the equipment, and overall appearance of the hospital.
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions.
- Maintains positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time