PetVet Care Centers, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading operators of veterinary hospitals for companion animals. The company operates over 150 hospitals across multiple states and employs over 4,000 people including over 600 veterinarians.
Since its inception, PetVet has been structured around a model that is focused on developing a partnership between the hospitals and the company and providing the highest quality medicine and service.
Scope of Position
The Regional Manager is responsible for all results of the hospitals in their area. Regional Managers support the managers and medical directors to meet and exceed their financial goals while delivering quality medicine and creating a positive local service culture. We do not believe that one size fits all. We require a hands-on approach to finding the best local solutions for our staff and clients.
- Achieving plan revenue and cost control targets.
- Proactive referring doctor and client communication, and marketing.
- Staff development and succession planning.
- Doctor retention and recruitment.
- Acquisition support and facilitation within the region.
- Visits practices regularly to monitor operation progress.
- Work with hospital managers and medical directors to improve behaviors which impact revenue and cost control.
- Require managers to be proactive with actions and feedback on daily/weekly/monthly revenue.
- Review labor and scheduling with managers regularly to maintain efficiency.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of pricing and inventory control.
- Identify and prepare written plans for internal revenue building and marketing efforts.
- Work with the medical directors to anticipate DVM needs and initiate recruitment.
- Challenge and coach managers to handle personnel issues and develop an accountability culture.
- Review equipment and supply needs and discuss on weekly calls.
- Participate in practice management updates and training at all levels.
- Four-year college degree
- Hospital management or business degree a plus
- 2-5 years in veterinary multi-unit management with a proven track record
- Capability to work efficiently in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership ability
In return for your hard work, we offer a range of great benefits including; Medical, Dental, Life, 401K, PTO, competitive salary, and bonuses. Apply online at www.petvetcareers.com.