Are you a compassionate person who thrives in a fast-paced environment? Do you excel at helping people through stressful situations? Do you appreciate the human animal bond and understand the importance that people place on their pet companions? If so, you may be the perfect candidate for this position!
South Novato Animal Hospital is looking for a Veterinary Client Service Representative (CSR). Candidate will greet and assist clients, perform various clerical duties, must be able to communicate information to clients and other team members effectively. Must also be able to work independently or in a team and prioritize clerical duties in a fun and fast paced environment.
• Compassion and understanding for pets and their owners
• A desire to make every experience a positive one
• Composure in the face of difficult situations
• Dedication to creative problem solving
• Team-oriented with a positive outlook
• Attention to detail producing accurate work
• Welcome clients and patients to the practice with a warm and friendly demeanor and provide for their comfort while they are in the practice.
• Answer incoming telephone calls including those seeking information about veterinary services.
• Provide information regarding hospital services, fees, animal care and treatment in accordance with hospital policies.
• Operate our Electronic Practice Management System – (Avimark experience helpful!)
• Prepare to receive appointments by electronically retrieving client records and preparing necessary forms.
• Handle emergency situations by following established hospital policies and procedures in referring clients for immediate treatment of their animals including urgent communication with doctors. Reassure distressed pet owners.
• Discharge patients, which include discussing fees, reviewing charges and medications. Ensure that future reminders and appointments are scheduled.
• Accept payments from client and accurately process cash, checks, charge card payment, and processing payment plans.
• Dispense prescription medications and pet foods and provide routine instructions.
• 2 years of in-person client service experience in the fields of veterinary medicine, human medicine, or hospitality service (Hotel, Food Service, etc) is required.
• Ability to communicate well with others in person and over the phone including clients, doctors and co-workers
• Able to speak with clients compassionately about their pets and also be comfortable discussing fees for services.
• Able to write accurately and concisely
• able to work independently and prioritize clerical duties and also work well with a team in a fun and fast-paced environment.
We offer an excellent compensation package that includes Very Competitive Salary, Paid Time Off, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, 401k, Continuing Education, License and Dues, Uniform Allowance, Pet Care Discounts, and more! Apply online at www.petvetcarecenters.com.