Veterinary Technician - Emergency Services (Overnight)
Palmyra Animal Clinic – Palmyra, PA
Palmyra Animal Clinic is seeking a highly motivated veterinary technician for a position in our overnight and weekend emergency department. The right candidate should have a minimum of 1+ year(s) of experience working as a Veterinary Technician in an animal hospital setting. Recent graduates with an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Veterinary Technology will be considered. This position would prefer a credentialed technician (CVT).
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player, and effective multi-tasker with good communication skills and the ability to treat and monitor critically ill patients independently.
Additional duties include:
- Partnering with DVM's in patient assessment, diagnostics, treatments, and procedures
- Obtaining and processing laboratory samples such as blood, urine, and feces
- Venipuncture and catheter placement
- Utilizing different modalities of imaging for patient assessment
- Executing, monitoring, and recovering all assigned sedation and anesthetic events
- Surgical assisting for minor procedures
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with anesthetic monitoring is preferred.
- Proficiency in processing basic laboratory specimens and working knowledge of radiographic techniques is required
- Passion for providing the highest quality in patient care.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required
- Available shifts include Monday-Friday 9pm-7am. Saturday 2pm-12am. Sundays 12am-10am, 10am-8pm, 8pm-6am and some holidays
- This position is full time. We offer competitive benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance options. 401K plans. Paid time off and CE allowances.
Please submit both a cover letter and resume.