Newtown Veterinary Specialists is seeking experienced Veterinary Technicians and Assistants to join the team at our progressive, 24-hour specialty and emergency hospital in Newtown, CT. Together with our team of highly skilled emergency doctors and board-certified specialists, our team enjoys the opportunity to apply their knowledge and skills every day and staff are used to their fullest capacity. We strive to provide outstanding patient care and client service in a culture that reflects and upholds our core values.
Competitive candidates will demonstrate exceptional communication skills and will have previous specialty and/or emergency experience. Please note these positions are not entry level and candidates must be confident in performing essential clinical skills such as venipuncture, catheterization, radiology, patient assessments, record-keeping and all aspects of anesthesia and surgical monitoring.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
• A minimum of 1 year of experience as a veterinary technician or assistant
• A strong work ethic and good organizational and multi-tasking skills
• A professional and respectful demeanor
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Credentialed technicians preferred